This product is a physical pattern booklet.
Relax on the porch with a mug of hot cider after you’ve raked the last of the leaves. This simple, slouchy cardigan is a breezy knit, just right for autumn evenings, and a great way to play with fall accent colors. Cristina Ghirlanda chose to work Shelter with larger needles to give the finished garment lots of drape and swing. Corbara is worked seamlessly from the lower back; the fronts are added with increases. The piece is divided at the armholes and the back and fronts are worked separately, with short rows shaping the shoulders before they’re united with a joinery bind off. Stitches for the set-in sleeves are picked up and worked in short rows, then knit around down to the cuffs. The garter stitch contrast border is picked up and worked last of all. Corbara is designed for lots of positive ease to work comfortably as your outermost layer; we’ve styled it with 10”.
Worsted weight wool yarn in the following approximate amounts:
- 720 (780, 790, 855, 900) (935, 965, 980, 1020) yards Color 1 (C1)
- 365 (380, 390, 400, 415) (430, 440, 455, 470) yards Color 2 (C2)
- 16 stitches & 22 rows = 4″ in stockinette stitch, after blocking
- 16 stitches & 31 rows = 4″ in garter stitch, after blocking
- One each 16″ and 40″ circular needles, and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 5½mm (US 9)
*32″ (or longer) circular needle can be used instead of 16″ circular needle and DPNs if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round (i.e. Sleeves)
- 42½ (45, 47, 49, 51) (53, 54½, 56½, 58½)” circumference at bust
- Intended Ease: +6-10″
- Sample shown is size 45″ with +10″ ease on model
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern
- Knitted Cast On
- Joinery Bind Off (3-Needle Bind Off)
- Short Rows (Yarn Over Method)
- Short Rows (Wrap & Turn Method)
- Jogless Garter Stitch
Corbara, Brooklyn Tweed
Due to Covid-19 we are currently not accepting returns.
Free shipping on orders over $100.